Tips for Pet Travel
http://tripswithpets.com - If you like to include your pet when you travel, this site can help make the experience go much more smoothly. It includes travel tools, airline pet policies, state leash laws, pet friendly hotel chains, pet recreational activities, directories of veterinarians — even an "Ask the Travel Dog" advice column. The site's staff members are veterans of the online travel industry and have a great deal of experience traveling with their pets. Follow their tips to keep everyone happy, including the furry or feathered members of the family.
Petfinder.com compared airlines to see which ones are the best choices if you're traveling with pets.
5) United Airlines -- Accepts small cats, dogs and birds in the cabin; rabbits, hamsters and guinea pigs as checked baggage and other animals including parrots, cockatiels and ferrets, in United Cargo.
4) American Airlines -- American Airlines' animal-trained staff is known for transporting animals from popular zoos in cargo.
3) Airtran -- Currently the least expensive airline to fly with your small pet; just $69 each way.
2) JetBlue Airways -- Launched its JetPaws program last summer and provides a pet carrier bag tag, two TrueBlue points each way, a welcome email and a free pet travel guide.
1) Continental -- Continental is proud of its PetSafe program, which has a 24-hour Live Animal Desk (1-800-575-3335), tracking the pets from origin to destination. It is pricier than other programs, but it's climate-controlled, allows roomy carriers and has designated cargo staff.